- Loss of productive agricultural land.
- Declining property values in areas where Unconventional Gas Mining is taking place.
- The threat to aquifers and surface water courses.
- Loss of native vegetation and biodiversity in areas cleared for wells, pumps, pipelines and other mining infrastructure.
- The lack of a safe and proven method of dealing with water produced during gas extraction.
The KNAGs do not believe that the "safeguards" the NSW Government claims it has put in place to protect the kiddies and the rest of the community will be effective.
The Grafton KNAGs concerns about the 2013 Metgasco operation at Glenugie south of Grafton include:
- Metgasco's failure to inform neighbours before it commenced operations at the site.
- Metgasco's failure to post a readable copy of its REF material on the internet before it commenced operations.
- Possible impacts that the drilling will have on the nearby Coldstream River, a tributary of the Clarence River.
- Concerns about the chemicals which will be used in the drilling process.